CHIPTOTLE BLACK BEAN STEW: This simple healthy comfort stew is easy to make in one pot and leaves your kitchen smelling delicious.
Course: Main Course
Keyword: black bean, chipotle, stew
Calories: 160 kcal
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 sm cans black beans ( if making you own 1 1/2 cups soaked)
- 1 large can of tomatoes diced ( 4 fresh chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 small package of chopped mushrooms
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 1 baked sweet potato chopped (optional)
- 1 sm tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt to taste and black pepper
- 2 tbsp Chipotle
- 3 tbsp White or red wine vinegar ( or to taste)
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup ( coconut sugar)
- 1 tbsp Tomato puree
- Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a med. sized pot. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes then add mushrooms + red peppers cook until soft.
- Add the cumin, paprika, oregano and salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well until combined. (add the baked potato)
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Serve with salad or over quinoa or wild/ brown rice.