This soup has so much Thai flavor with ingredients like coconut milk, lemongrass and Thai curry paste. Packed with vegetables such as red peppers, sweet potato, green beans and protein from plain tofu and some heat from sriracha tofu.
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (a standard size tray package)
- 2 sweet potatoes diced
- 20 green beans cut into large pieces
- 2 sliced carrots
- Handful of snap peas cut up
- 2 packages of organic tofu (1 plain, 1 Sriracha) cut into cubes
- 3 cups organic vegetable stock
- Fresh lemon grass to taste (7 stems diced or 2 Tbsp. Lemon Grass herb paste).
- 3 tsp. fish sauce
- 3 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cans of coconut milk
- 4 tsp. red curry paste
(feel free to add more vegetables for a dense soup)
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat and add 3 Tbsp oil.
- When hot, add mushrooms and cook until golden and tender.
- Add onion, red pepper, and saute just until softened.
- Heat up broth and pour in onion, mushrooms and red pepper.
- Add fresh or lemon grass paste, curry paste fish sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Simmer 5 minutes.
- Add rest of vegetables, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, turn heat to low, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tofu, stir well, and simmer until vegetables are cooked and soft.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper, to taste. (You can also add more curry paste, fish oil and Worcestershire sauce to taste at this point, as well).
- Add about 1/4 of a lime juice or more to taste before serving
Prep time: 20 min | Cook time: 30 min | Total time: 50 min
(You really want the taste of the red pepper curry paste and lemon grass to come through)