You will always find some organic broccoli in my fridge. I may steam it and have it as a side with dinner, I use some in my smoothies and juices and in my salads such as this easy delicious summer salad. The broccoli is chopped into small pieces with some of the stem because there are a lot of nutrients there and it taste good as well. I’ve added chopped apples, lots of parsley and mint, yellow raisins, sliced almonds and raw sunflower seeds.
Topped with a light lemon vinaigrette and your set for lunch and dinner if you like for a few days with no cooking in this summer weather and soon to be July steaming hot summer.
- 2 large heads of broccoli florets and stem (washed and chopped)
- 2 apples (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of parsley (chopped)
- 1/2bunch of mint (chopped)
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Rinse all veggies well
- Place the chopped broccoli into salad bowl
- Place the apples, parsley, mint seeds and raisins in bowl and mix well.
- Make a light vinaigrette with 1/4 cup x virgin olive oil. 1/8 cup apple cider vinegar, juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 tbsp maple syrup, salt + pepper to taste.
- Mix together well and pour over salad and stir well.
- Top with extra apple, raisins nuts and serve!