Acorn Squash is perfect for stuffing to make a delicious meal. It’s easy to make and just use your imagination to what you want to stuff them with. Here I chose some spinach quinoa, mushrooms, red peppers + more making it super healthy. The squash alone is high in Vitamin A + C plus B-family vitamins plus minerals including potassium, manganese, iron, copper, phosphorous, magnesium and calcium. The vitamin A + C make this a great meal for healthier skin and hair!
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 3/4 cup rinsed quinoa
- 1 /2 sm package fresh mushrooms of your choice ( chopped)
- Handful fresh spinach (chopped)
- 1 small red pepper chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Cut the acorn squash in half (take seeds out rinse and pour just alittle avocado oil into the meat of the squash with a dash of salt + pepper.) Place in oven at 400 bake until just soft.
- Pour 3/4 cup of rinsed quinoa into 1 1/2 cup of boiling water in a pot. Cook quinoa until soft and fluffy. ( You can also use vegetable broth instead of water if you a more flavorful quinoa,
- Chop all your vegetables and walnuts + cranberries
- Once squash is cooked mix all the stuffing ingredients together and stuff into both halves of squash. Top with more nuts and cranberries. Place in oven and bake until stuffing is really warm.
- Enjoy with a side salad, cup of soup or alone.!