Mushroom Quinoa Veggie Stuffed pumpkin
Who isn’t in love with everything pumpkin! This is the first time I,ve stuffed a pumpkin and what a surprise! Well not really
everything you make with pumpkin is just amazing I think, but I have to say this stuffed pumpkin was really satisfying and delicious.
Bonus!! There are a lot of super nutrients, Beta Carotene + fiber found in the pumpkin and then stuffed with more super nutrient
dense foods such as oyster mushrooms, quinoa, tomatoes, zucchini, spinach, parsley +nuts leaving you pumped and ready to go.
I spent the day food prepping and felt pretty tired, had one of these stuffed pumpkins and I was rejuvenated and re-energized. That’s
exactly how you want to feel after you eat. So Let’s Go!
- Makes 3 halves (I used the 4th half to make muffins)
- 2 small orange pumpkins
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 12 lge leaves of spinach chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 small zucchini
- 15 cherry tomatoes
- 1 small package of fresh oyster mushrooms (your choice) chopped
- 1/4 bunch of parsley chopped
- salt + pepper to taste
- walnuts and pumpkin seeds chopped for topping + 1tsp pumpkin spice + a touch of oil (mix together)
- cranberries for topping (optional)
- Cut 2 small pumpkins in half starting at the top all the way around. Deseed and take all loose strands out, leaving a clean meaty pumpkin halves only. (3 Halves)
- Pour a little avocado oil in bottom of each pumpkin and massage in, sprinkle a little pumpkin spice, salt + pepper in each pumpkin.
- Turn oven on to 350 and place pumpkin halves on a baking sheet w a little water. Bake until just soft and take out of oven.
- After placing pumpkin in oven rinse 1/2 cup of quinoa, boil I cup of water and place quinoa in water, cook until quinoa is fluffy and no water left. When quinoa is almost ready mix slightly in chopped spinach. When spinach is cooked w quinoa take off stove. Let cool
- Chop up your small onion, red pepper, zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms, parsley + nuts
- Place large frying pan on stove with olive oil. Place onions in pan a minute add zucchini, red peppers, tomatoes and mushrooms.
- Cook lightly until soft, stir and take off stove.
- Once your pumpkin halves (3) are soft, quinoa is just fluffy and cooled and vegetables + mushrooms are lightly cooked place quinoa in bowl, mix in vegetables and mushrooms. salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the stuffing mix into each pumpkin half, top with parsley, chopped nuts mix Place in heated oven bake either till the stuffing is hot or the pumpkin skin is soft and cooked well. Enjoy