Collards are a perfect food to use as a wrap, easy to roll, healthy and you can fill them with an abundance of tasty nutrients of your choice. They are also low in calories, insoluble and soluble fibre controlling LDL cholesterol levels as well as protecting against constipation, colon cancer and hemorrhoid. Collards contain anti cancer properties, phytonutrients which protects against cervical, colon and cancer cell growth. They are rich in anti-oxidants to help improve disease resistance as well as containing high levels of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin B and Vitamin K that increases bone mass. It is also a key super food for those that are serious about a diabetes preventive-program.
1 cup quinoa
1 cup shredded carrots
1 cup grated beets
4 large collard green leaves (large stems removed)
- Cook quinoa for 20 minutes until quinoa is tender. Remove from heat and fluff with a fork.
- Stir currents with quinoa in a medium bowl.
- Lay Collard on cutting board and spoon quinoa along the bottom edge of collard leaf.
- Top with carrot and beet slaw, then continue rolling into a tight log.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Slice Roll in half to serve.
3 medium ripe avocados
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon celtic salt
1/2 teaspoon chile powder
- Cut Avocados in half and remove pit.
- Scoop avocado meat into bowl.
- Gently mash with spoon.
- Add lemon juice, salt, chile and cumin.
- Stir slightly.
- Serve with Collard Wrap