Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins w Chopped Walnuts + Cranberries
These muffins are made with fresh baked + purred pumpkin, low in natural sweeteners, (no guilt here) and taste
delicious! The fresh pumpkin is a ‘nutrient dense’ food, high in fiber, vitamins + minerals especially beta-carotene, but low
in calories. So go ahead and enjoy these while they last.
Ingredients Makes 12 muffins
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar + 2 tbsp
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp pumpkin spice (1 also for topping)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts + some for topping
- 1/4 cup chopped cranberries + some for topping
- 3/4 cup fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond milk (Silk)
- 2 eggs or flax eggs
- 1/8 cup maple syrup + 2 tbsp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- mix together about 2 tbsp. of coconut sugar + 1 tsp pumpkin spice together for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 and lightly oil muffin pan
- Slice 1 small pumpkin in half. Add about 1/2 tsp.avocado oil and massage it over 1/2 pumpkin, add a little salt, pepper + pumpkin spice. Bake 1/2 of the pumpkin until soft. Do not over bake it
- In a large bowl mix together the spelt flour, oat flout, rolled oats, coconut sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice,
- chopped nuts + cranberries
- In a separate bowl mix together the almond milk, eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Once pumpkin is cooked lightly scoop out 1 cup and place in blender with the wet ingredients. Puree until blended
- Slowly pour the pumpkin puree mix into the dry mix and blend together. Do not over mix. ( mix should be a fairly wet mix)
- Scoop about 1 tbsp.into the prepared muffin sheet. Should get about 12 muffins.
- Top the muffins with chopped walnuts, cranberries + sprinkle the coconut sugar mix over muffins
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool before removing. ENJOY!