There is no comparison to a healthy homemade pizza to store bought! Add a sweet potato crust and loads of fresh vegetables, well it’s pizza at it’s best.
SWEET POTATO CRUST PIZZA
Makes 1 medium sized pizza
- 3 medium sized sweet potatoes ( 2 cups cooked sweet potato)
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/4 cup arrow root flour
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp flaxseed
- 3-4 tbsp organic tomato puree (paste)
- 1 cup mixture of spinach + basil
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 medium sized portabello mushrooms sliced
- 3 garlic cloves sliced
- salt + pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- Italian herbs
- 60 g vegan mozzarella small balls
- Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking try with grease proof paper
- Cook sweet potato in steamer or boiling water until soft
- When cooked transfer potato to mixing bowl + mash. Add the flour, nutrition yeast + flax seed to mixture + mix together well through out combining.
- Shape together the sweet potato dough into a ball,keep your hands workable with flour or water which ever works best for you.
- Place the dough ball onto the lined tray and shape it into a circle about .5cm thick. Smooth around the edges.
- Place the tray with dough into the oven for about 20-25 minutes
- Prepare the sliced toppings by placing them into a mixture of the oil, Italian herbs of choice, garlic salt + pepper until the veggies are totally covered in the seasoning.
- When the sweet potato crust has finished baking take out of oven and spread the tomato puree all over surface. Then place the spinach and basil toppings followed by layering the rest of the veggies.
- Finish with vegan mozzarella, some basil leaves and a drizzle of oil
- Bake in oven for about 15-20 minutes.
Serve + Enjoy ! (freezes well)