This pie was a HIT at Thanksgiving + I,ve made it again just because it was so good. The crust is filled with good fats from the pecans, the filling made with pumpkin which is nutrient dense with Vitamin A, + C, high in anti-oxidants + Lutein + Zeaxanthin (for eye sight) high in fiber + low in calories. You can enjoy this pie simple w the crust + filling, or add ad a drizzle of 70% Cacao chocolate + if you choose to top it off with a drollop of coconut whip cream or alot, your choice. Enjoy!
COCONUT CREAM PIE:
INGREDIENTS (For best results let the pie without the whipped cream set in fridge overnight)
- 2 1/2 cups pecans, walnuts or almonds
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 4 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt.
- 1/2 pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
- 2 + 1/4 cups fresh baked pumpkin ( 1 14 oz pureed pumpkin, (2 cups) not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup on honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp ginger, 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg, 1/4 ground cloves
- 1/2 bar of cacao chocolate bar 70%
- 3-4 tbsp coconut creme or whip cream
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 2. tbsp powdered sugar
NO BAKE NUT CRUST (WALNUT PECAN)
- Place the nuts of choice in a food processor or blender with the rest of ingredients and process until well blended.
- In a lightly oiled pie plate pour the mix into the pie plate and spread evenly over plate.+ up sides
- Place in refrigerator.
PUMPKIN PIE FILLING
- Place all filling ingredients into food processor and blend well. (Taste + add more spices if needed)
- Pour filling onto the pie crust and spread evenly
- Place back into fridge
- Break 1/2 the bar into pieces and place into a small frying pan on low heat.
- Stir well and add a little cream of choice to thin it out a little
- Once melted well and stirred take off heat.
- Drizzle onto the pie filling. Place back into fridge.
COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
(You should top with whipped cream when ready to serve. Either with a good dollop or cover surface of pie)
- Make sure can of coconut cream has been in the fridge for at least a day.
- In a medium sized bowl place just the solid part of the coconut cream in bowl. (save liquid for smoothie)
- Mix in vanilla + powdered sugar. With a electric mixer whip up the cream well.