I made this Fresh Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad to have with my Chickpea Falafel Wraps or some days just for lunch or dinner alone. Either way paired
off or alone it’s one of my favorite salads. It’s got a good amount of quinoa in it and good sources of vegetables that are so vibrant and full of life. This salad is all organic, so easy to put together and full of nourishment for the body mind and soul!
- 2 cups cooked white quinoa ( 1 cup quinoa to 2 cups boiling water)
- 1 med. cucumber chopped with skin on
- 1 lge tomato chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 bunch of green onions chopped
- 1 cup of fresh flat parsley chopped
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint chopped
- Rinse your quinoa well, boil 2 cups of water and place the quinoa in the hot water on med heat and cook until nice and fluffy or all
the water has been absorbed. You can add more taste to the quinoa by adding seasoning, lemon or lime juice, herbs and soy sauce.
- Once quinoa is cook and fluffy take off of heat and let it cool. (important)
- While your cooking and letting you quinoa cool down chop all your ingredients that go into the tabbouleh.
- Once tabbouleh has cooled mix in lightly the chopped veggies
- For the dressing whisk together some lemon juice, olive oil, chopped fresh garlic, salt and pepper and pour over tabbouleh and stir lightly.
- Enjoy right away or keeps well in the fridge.