This tasty salad comes together quickly, good sources of protein, vegetables and good fats. Perfect as a main meal or with soup.
Serves: 4 – 6 adjust servings.
- 2 cups chopped english cucumber (seedless is best)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped greens (spinach)
- 2 cups chopped red peppers
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 small can of black beans rinsed
- Hand full of black olives chopped
- Hand full of fresh parsley chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- A drizzle of olive oil (I used about a tablespoon)
- Salt + pepper to taste
- Rinse quinoa really well and soak in clean water for 20 minutes. Cook 1 cup quinoa in 2 cups of hot water.
- In a large bowl combine the cucumber, tomato, red pepper, greens, olives, beans, quinoa and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Squeeze lemon juice over salad, drizzle with olive and season with salt and pepper, and give it another toss.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to let the flavors marinate. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.